PRE INTERMEDIATE -TEST 7
– Present Perfect & Past Simple
– For & since
– Adverbs (slowly, carefully, just, still, too)
– Relative Clause (who, which, that)
1. _____ to a rock concert?
A) Were you ever go
B) Have you ever been
C) Do you ever go
D) Have you ever go
2. I _____ the champion last week.
B) have seen
3. I love rock and roll. I _____ it all my life.
A) am liking
D) have liked
4. The Flash’s concert _____ fantastic 3 years ago.
B) has been
C) have been
5. I _____ all their records since then.
D) have bought
6. The Flash _____ together for over fifteen years.
B) have been
C) are being
7. He’s my sister’s son. He’s my _____.
8. I run in races. I’m a(n) _____.
9. In my job I wear the latest fashions. I’m a(n) _____.
10. I serve you drinks on a plane flight. I’m a _____.
B) flight attendant
11. I cook food for a restaurant. I’m a(n) _____.
12. The wedding was wonderful. The _____ looked beautiful, and the _____ was very handsome.
A) bridegroom / bride
B) niece / nephew
C) bride / bridegroom
D) sir / madam
13. He’s the man _____ Anna loves.
14. The film star gave a party _____ cost $10.000.
15. The man ______ you met at the party was a famous film star.
16. What’s the name of the woman _____ was wearing the gold dress?
17. You’re reading the book _____ I wanted to read.
18. There’s someone at the door _____ wants to speak to George.
19. I don’t like food _____ is very spicy.
20. That’s the dictionary _____ Bill gave me for my birthday.
A) * B) who
C) when D) where
21. Those are old cars _____ only take leaded petrol.
22. Do you like the people _____ Sarah invited to her party?
23. I called Tom at 10.00 in the morning, but he was _____ in bed.
A) of course
24. It’s our anniversary today. We’ve been _____ for fifteen years.
A) at last
25. Kate is very fussy about food. She _____ eats pasta and crisps.
26. She was very ill and _____ died, but fortunately, she got better.
27. “I hate ironing.”
“Me, _____. It’s so boring.”
B) at last
28. I like all Russian novelists, _____ Tolstoy.
29. I met her on December 23, _____ before Christmas.
30. _____ I have finished this exercise. Thank goodness! It was so boring.
B) At last
31. Sarah’s English is getting better. She _____ a lot of English since she
A) learnt / has come
B) has learnt / has come
C) has learnt / came
D) learnt / came
32. Mike and Jack _____ here five months ago. They _____ in this city
for five months.
A) came / have been
B) have come / have been
C) come / were
D) has come / has been
33. David can go to bed now. He _____ his homework.
B) has finished
34. Alison _____ in Chicago, but she would like to go there one day.
B) has been
D) has never been
35. Peter _____ his work 3 hours ago.
A) has finished
B) will finish
Dennis Heal __(36)__ a politician. He __(37)__ to Oxford University in 1975, and in 1982 he __(38)__ a Member of Parliament. He __(39)__ an MP since then. He __(40)__ Defense Minister from 1989- 95. He __(41)__ three books, including his autobiography “The Time of my Life”, and a spy story called “The Time to Run”. He is married to the artist Edna Heal, and they have two children. They __(42)__ in Oxford for 10 years, then they __(43)__ to London in 1995. They now __(44)__ in a house in Queen Square in central London.
C) is being
D) has been
37. A) go
B) has gone
D) has become
B) is being
D) has been
C) has been
A) has written
B) has lived
C) have lived
C) is moving
D) has moved
B) have lived
45. I haven’t seen Keith _____ a while.
46. He and his wife have lived next to me _____ their son, Tom, was
47. I have known them _____ many years.
48. Anna has had a bad cold _____ the last few days.
49. I have written a letter _____ breakfast.
50. I’m looking after Tom today. He’s been at my house _____ 8.00 this
PRE-INTERMEDIATE Test: 7
1-B 2-A 3-D 4-A 5-D 6-B 7-B 8-C
9-D 10-B 11-A 12-C 13-B 14-C 15-A 16-D
17-C 18-A 19-A 20-A 21-D 22-B 23-B 24-C
25-A 26-B 27-D 28-B 29-C 30-B 31-C 32-A
33-B 34-D 35-C 36-B 37-C 38-A 39-D 40-A
41-A 42-C 43-B 44-D 45-C 46-C 47-B 48-A