PRE INTERMEDIATE -TEST 6
– What’s it like?
– Comparative and superlative adjectives
– Relative pronouns (who, which, what, where)
1. He’s _____ older than he looks.
2. Jessica’s as tall _____ her mother.
3. “What _____ New York like?”
“It’s really exciting!”
4. Trains in London are more crowded _____ in Paris.
5. Oxford is one of ___ oldest universities in Europe.
6. He isn’t as intelligent _____ his sister.
7. This is _____ than I expected.
A) more hard
C) the hardest
8. Who is the _____ man in the world?
B) most richest
D) most rich
9. Everything is _____ in my country.
A) more cheaper
10. Rome was hotter _____ I expected.
11. My dad’s really ____. He always buys presents for everyone.
12. Before you can get a credit card, you have to provide a lot of _____
13. I try to lead a _____ lifestyle – lots of exercises, fruit, and no junk
14. The disco was so _____ that you couldn’t hear yourself speak.
15. After the earthquake, the country needed a lot of _____ equipment
to look after the sick and wounded.
16. She had a car crash, but she was _____ to escape with no injuries at
17. Venice is a very _____ city. A lot of people go there on honeymoon.
18. Here is the ____ news. Share prices on the Dow Jones Index have
19. After a heart attack, he needed a major surgery, but fortunately the
operation was _____.
20. I didn’t like that city at all. The streets were so _____ and the air was
A) dirty / messy
B) dirty / polluted
C) personal / noisy
D) messy / polluting
21. There’s the boy _____ broke the window.
22. That’s the palace _____ the King lives.
23. They are the policemen _____ caught the thief.
24. He gave him a watch _____ stopped after two days.
25. The Red Lion is the pub _____ we met for a drink.
26. Here are the letters _____ arrived this morning.
A) who B) which
C) * D) where
27. That’s the house _____ I was born.
28. Where is the woman _____ ordered the fish.
29. The hotel _____ we stayed was very comfortable.
30. I bought the coat _____ was in the shop window.
31. Are you as tall _____ your brother?
32. Was Joan’s party better _____ Maria’s?
33. “Wasn’t that film wonderful!”
“Yes, it was _____.”
34. “I’m bored with this lesson!”
“I know, I’m really _____ with it, too!”
B) fed up
35. “Mary’s family is very rich.”
“Well, I knew her uncle was very _____.”
36. “Ann’s bedroom’s really untidy again!”
“Is it? I told her it was _____ yesterday, and she promised to clean
37. She’s _____ than her sister.
A) much nicer B) more nicer
C) much more nicer D) more nicer
38. He’s _____ boy in the class.
A) the funnier
D) the funniest
39. Barbara’s _____ than Sarah.
B) much intelligent
C) more intelligent
PRE-INTERMEDIATE Test: 6
1-A 2-D 3-B 4-C 5-A 6-B 7-D 8-C
9-B 10-A 11-C 12-D 13-C 14-A 15-B 16-C
17-D 18-B 19-C 20-B 21-D 22-C 23-B 24-A
25-C 26-B 27-C 28-A 29-C 30-C 31-B 32-A
33-C 34-B 35-C 36-D 37-A 38-D 39-C