INTERMEDIATE TEST 2
- Present Simple and Continuous
- Present Passive
1. Sue and Geoff _____ a shop.
2. This kind of shop _____ a milk bar.
A) is called
C) is calling
D) is being called
3. Most days the shop _____ at 10.00 p.m.
4. They _____ camping any more.
B) doesn’t go
C) don’t go
D) have gone
5. Ursula _____ four brothers and sisters.
6. It _____ her fifteen minutes _____ to school.
A) took / go
B) has taken / walk
C) takes / walk
D) takes / to walk
7. She _____ school at 7:45 a.m.
8. I _____ lunch in the university canteen.
9. I _____ extra money teaching computer studies.
10. I _____ the traffic in Bangkok.
11. English is _____ here.
C) is speaking
12. Volvos are _____ in Sweden.
13. Is service _____ in the bill?
C) to include
14. Our kitchen _____ decorated at the moment.
B) is being
D) was being
15. Our factory is being _____ over by an American company.
16. About one thousand people are _____ in the factory.
17. Lots of tulips are _____ in Holland.
18. That block of flats is being _____ because it is unsafe.
A) pulled down
C) pulled up
D) pulling down
19. In Britain milk is _____ to your doorstep.
When you __(20)__ at an airport, you should go straight to the checkin desk where your ticket and luggage __(21)__. You __(22)__ your hand luggage with you but your suitcases __(23)__ to the plane on a conveyor belt. You can now go to the departure lounge.
If you are on an international flight, your passport __(24)__, and then you and your bags __(25)__ by security cameras; sometimes you __(26)__ a body search and your luggage __(27)__ by a security officer. You __(28)__ in the departure lounge until your flight __(29)__and you __(30)__ which gate number to go.Finally you __(31)__ your plane and you __(32)__ your seat by a flight attendant.
D) are arrived
A) are checked
D) is changed
C) are taken
C) is checking
D) is checked
A) are x-rayed
B) are given
A) is searched
C) is called
A) are told
B) are shown
33. “Hello. Can I speak to Mr. James, please?”
“I’m sorry. He isn’t _____ at the moment. Can I take a message?”
34. “Hello. Can I speak to Mr. James, please?”
“I’m sorry. He is _____ on holiday at the moment. Can I help you?”
35. “I feel like going to the cinema tonight.”
“Good idea! What’s _____ at the moment?”
36. I think this milk’s _____ . It smells horrid.
37. “Where shall we go for a meal?”
“It’s _____ you. It’s your birthday. You choose.”
D) up to
38. Come on, kids! Aren’t you _____ yet? Breakfast’s on the table.
39. I wonder why they aren’t answering the door. There must be
someone _____ .
40. All the lights are _____ . I can see nothing.
41. I must be _____ soon. I want to get to the shops before they close.
42. “Why isn’t there any hot water?”
“The central heating is _____ . That’s why.”
43. “You’re crying. What’s _____ ?”
“I’m just a bit sad. That’s all.”
INTERMEDIATE Test 2
1-C 2-A 3-C 4-C 5-B 6-D 7-C 8-B
9-A 10-C 11-D 12-A 13-D 14-B 15-A 16-C
17-A 18-A 19-D 20-C 21-A 22-D 23-C 24-D
25-A 26-B 27-A 28-C 29-C 30-A 31-D 32-B
33-A 34-C 35-B 36-D 37-D 38-C 39-A 40-D
41-D 42-D 43-C