INTERMEDIATE TEST 2
– Present Simple and Continuous
– Present Passive
1. Sue and Geoff _____ a shop.
2. This kind of shop _____ a milk bar.
A) is called
C) is calling
D) is being called
3. Most days the shop _____ at 10.00 p.m.
4. They _____ camping any more.
B) doesn’t go
C) don’t go
D) have gone
5. Ursula _____ four brothers and sisters.
6. It _____ her fifteen minutes _____ to school.
A) took / go
B) has taken / walk
C) takes / walk
D) takes / to walk
7. She _____ school at 7:45 a.m.
8. I _____ lunch in the university canteen.
9. I _____ extra money teaching computer studies.
10. I _____ the traffic in Bangkok.
11. English is _____ here.
C) is speaking
12. Volvos are _____ in Sweden.
13. Is service _____ in the bill?
C) to include
14. Our kitchen _____ decorated at the moment.
B) is being
D) was being
15. Our factory is being _____ over by an American company.
16. About one thousand people are _____ in the factory.
17. Lots of tulips are _____ in Holland.
18. That block of flats is being _____ because it is unsafe.
A) pulled down
C) pulled up
D) pulling down
19. In Britain milk is _____ to your doorstep.
When you __(20)__ at an airport, you should go straight to the checkin desk where your ticket and luggage __(21)__. You __(22)__ your hand luggage with you but your suitcases __(23)__ to the plane on a conveyor belt. You can now go to the departure lounge.
If you are on an international flight, your passport __(24)__, and then you and your bags __(25)__ by security cameras; sometimes you __(26)__ a body search and your luggage __(27)__ by a security officer. You __(28)__ in the departure lounge until your flight __(29)__and you __(30)__ which gate number to go.Finally you __(31)__ your plane and you __(32)__ your seat by a flight attendant.
D) are arrived
A) are checked
D) is changed
C) are taken
C) is checking
D) is checked
A) are x-rayed
B) are given
A) is searched
C) is called
A) are told
B) are shown
33. “Hello. Can I speak to Mr. James, please?”
“I’m sorry. He isn’t _____ at the moment. Can I take a message?”
34. “Hello. Can I speak to Mr. James, please?”
“I’m sorry. He is _____ on holiday at the moment. Can I help you?”
35. “I feel like going to the cinema tonight.”
“Good idea! What’s _____ at the moment?”
36. I think this milk’s _____ . It smells horrid.
37. “Where shall we go for a meal?”
“It’s _____ you. It’s your birthday. You choose.”
D) up to
38. Come on, kids! Aren’t you _____ yet? Breakfast’s on the table.
39. I wonder why they aren’t answering the door. There must be
someone _____ .
40. All the lights are _____ . I can see nothing.
41. I must be _____ soon. I want to get to the shops before they close.
42. “Why isn’t there any hot water?”
“The central heating is _____ . That’s why.”
43. “You’re crying. What’s _____ ?”
“I’m just a bit sad. That’s all.”
INTERMEDIATE Test 2
1-C 2-A 3-C 4-C 5-B 6-D 7-C 8-B
9-A 10-C 11-D 12-A 13-D 14-B 15-A 16-C
17-A 18-A 19-D 20-C 21-A 22-D 23-C 24-D
25-A 26-B 27-A 28-C 29-C 30-A 31-D 32-B
33-A 34-C 35-B 36-D 37-D 38-C 39-A 40-D
41-D 42-D 43-C
It is difficult to find knowledgeable individuals on this subject, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks
Thank you for sharing superb informations. Your web site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this site. It reveals how nicely you perceive this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for extra articles. You, my pal, ROCK! I found just the information I already searched all over the place and simply could not come across. What a great website.