Alarming Rate of Loss of Tropical Rainforests Adults and children...
TOP TIPS !
- if you cannot hear the audio clearly, let a member of staff know straightaway
- follow the instructions carefully; they may be different to practice or previous tests
- listen for the specific information you want
- try and anticipate what the speaker will say; this will require concentration
- do not worry if there is a word you do not understand; you may not need to use it
- if you do not know the answer to a question, attempt it but do not waste time; move quickly onto the next one
- be careful with your spelling and grammar
- do not panic if you think the topic is too difficult or the speaker is too fast; relax and tune in
- read, write and listen at the same time
- focus precisely on what you are asked to do in completion type questions
- pay attention to the word limit; for example, if you are asked to complete a sentence using no more than two words, if the correct answer is ‘leather coat’, the answer ‘coat made of leather’ would be incorrect
- if the question asks you to complete the note ‘in the…’ and the correct answer is ‘morning’, note that ‘in the morning’ would be incorrect; the correct answer is 'morning'
- attempt all questions; there are no penalties for incorrect answers
- check your answers