ELEMENTARY – PRE-INTERMEDIATE 4
151. Kate is ______ than any other actress on TV.
A) as pretty
B) not pretty
D) the prettiest
152. It’s very ______ . It’s going to rain.
D) more cloudy
153. They’re good players, but we can beat ______ .
154. Lisa likes to read ______ horoscope.
155. The kitchen looks beautiful. Have you cleaned ______, Mary?
156. Sam and Bob went swimming with ______ sister, Lisa.
157. I think he was driving ______ .
B) less careful
158. I don’t know why she behaves so ______ sometimes.
159. This bag isn’t ______ it looks.
A) as lightly as
C) as light as
D) the lightest
160. I haven’t ______ been as fat as I’m now.
161. She is a ______ driver. She drives her car ______ .
A) carelessly / careless
B) slowly / slow
C) well / good
D) careful / carefully
162. He is ______ at painting. He paints ______ .
A) bad / worse
B) bad / badly
C) worse / bad
D) badly / the worst
163. She behaves ______ every day.
164. Not every American ______ English.
A) doesn’t speak
B) don’t speak
165. Terry hasn’t come to school ______ .
166. Janet has ______ left home.
167. I can’t find my homework ______ .
168. I’ve looked for my book ______ but I can’t find it.
169. I’m sure it’s here ______ .
170. The bus is very ______ .
171. She listens to the teacher very ______ .
172. The author writes ______ .
173. He plays the piano ______ than his father.
A) very good
C) the best
D) very well
174. A: ______ did you go yesterday? B: I went to a restaurant.
175. A: ______ didn’t you phone him?
B: I haven’t got his telephone number.
176. A: ______ did you come to school?
B: On the school bus.
177. Horses ______ drive automobiles.
178. Students ______ shout in the library.
179. Tourists ______ visit museums.
180. The sun is ______ hot.
181. A: Do you ever fail tests?
B: No. I ______ fail tests.
182. Susan fails all of her history exams. She ______ passes them.
183. Bob saw only one film last year. He ______ goes to the cinema.
184. David eats a lot of pears and apples. He ______ eats fruit.
185. We can’t do our homework. Can you help ______ ?
186. I’m a strong player, he can’t beat ______ .
187. Swimming is ______ excellent sport.
188. Mike wants to watch TV ______ tonight.
189. I’d like ______ bowl of soup, please.
190. Can you see those two men? They are ______ policemen.
191. My father hates ______ hospitals.
192. ______ traffic in Turkey is bad.
193. I’d like ______ ice-cream, please.
A) a few
C) a little
D) a lot
194. A: How ______ apples did you eat?
B: I ate ______ apples.
A) many / a few
B) much / some
C) many / a little
D) a lot of / a few
195. Carol writes well. Andy writes ______ than Carol. Mary writes ______.
A) good / the best
B) better / better
C) good / better
D) better / the best
196. Maria sings ______ Julia.
A) better than
B) as good as
C) as bad as
197. Julia gets up early. Mike gets up ______ than Julia. Anderson gets
up ______ .
A) as early as / earlier
B) earlier / the earliest
C) early / earlier
D) the earliest / earlier
198. She arrives at work much ______ than anyone else.
B) the earliest
D) as early as
199. Robert works less ______ than Tom.
D) as carelessly as
200. Which student in the class works ______ ?
A) more careful
B) less careful
C) the most carefully
D) the least careful
Pronouns - adverbs - adjectives - determines
(Elementary / Pre-Intermediate) 4
153-D 154-B 155-C 156-A 157-D 158-B 159-C 160-A
161-D 162-B 163-D 164-D 165-B 166-A 167-C 168-D
169-A 170-B 171-B 172-C 173-B 174-A 175-B 176-D
177-C 178-D 179-A 180-A 181-C 182-B 183-B 184-D
185-D 186-C 187-C 188-A 189-B 190-A 191-A 192-A
193-C 194-A 195-D 196-A 197-B 198-C 199-A 200-C