ELEMENTARY – PRE-INTERMEDIATE 2
51. Is this radio ______ ?
A) to you
B) of you
52. Give that ball to Tom and me. It ______ .
A) is mine
B) is ours
C) is theirs
D) is our
53. We washed ______ and then had our dinner.
54. You must learn to defend ______ , Tom.
55. I cut ______ on that piece of wire.
56. I saw the girls, so I spoke to ______ .
57. You can have these books. ______ are too hard for me.
58. The rope was not very strong, so we did not use ______ .
59. The policeman spoke to my sister and me. He told ______ about the
60. The bananas were not ripe, so we did not buy ______ .
61. Please open the window. I can’t reach ______ .
62. My father listened to the news. He was very pleased with ______.
63. Can you tell me ______ best way to the station?
64. She works as ______ clerk in a very large bank.
65. Cyprus is ______ island in the Mediterranean.
66. There is ______ excellent film on television this evening.
67. In England there is a saying. “______ apple a day keeps the doctor
away”. This means that apples keep you healthy.
68. It is going to rain. I must buy ______ umbrella quickly.
69. ______ other day I had a letter from my friend.
70. They enjoyed ______ at the party.
71. My friend cut ______ when she was cooking.
72. Help ______ to some more coffee.
73. I taught ______ to play the guitar. I’ve never had lessons.
74. The cow hurt ______ when it tried to get through the fence.
75. That machine is automatic. It runs by ______ .
76. She is wearing ______ unusual dress .
77. The car was traveling at more than 90 miles ______ hour when the
78. It’s ______ time for us to go home.
79. This cake was made with ______ butter so it should be good.
80. His parents and ______ went to a concert last weekend.
81. I enjoyed ______ vacation. Did you enjoy ______ too ?
A) me / yours
B) my / yourself
C) mine / yours
D) my / yours
82. ______ of the children is sick today.
83. Everyone is responsible for ______ own composition.
D) all their
84. I asked her ______ was on the phone.
85. I don’t have ______ petrol in my car.
D) lots of
86. He knows ______ about sports.
C) at all
87. The children ran screaming into ______ own rooms.
88. ______ of us are staying home.
B) A little
89. There is ______ food in the house.
90. Misfortunes like that aren’t ______ fault.
C) no one’s
91. This test is for students ______ native language is not English.
C) of whom
92. Please lend me ______ dollar.
D) a few
93. Her mother wants ______ to wash the dishes.
D) she herself
94. Each of the children ______ given a box of chocolate.
95. Everyone ______ in the room now.
96. Everybody in the classroom ______ sleepy.
97. They were here, but they have gone back to ______ apartment.
98. A couple of the players ______ leaving now.
99. All the businessmen ______ staying at the hotel.
100. A: Whose coat it that?
B : It’s ______ .
A) my daughter’s
B) of my daughter
C) to my daughter
D) of my daughter’s
Pronouns - adverbs - adjectives - determines
(Elementary / Pre-Intermediate) 2
51-D 52-B 53-D 54-A 55-B 56-D
57-B 58-D 59-A 60-C 61-D 62-C 63-C 64-A
65-D 66-D 67-A 68-A 69-D 70-B 71-C 72-A
73-B 74-C 75-A 76-D 77-A 78-A 79-B 80-C
81-D 82-A 83-A 84-B 85-C 86-A 87-C 88-A
89-C 90-D 91-B 92-A 93-B 94-A 95-B 96-A
97-D 98-B 99-D 100-A