ELEMENTARY GRAMMAR – TEST 10
– Comparatives and superlatives
– Have got, has got
– Prepositions – Linking words (which, where)
1. You are _____ me.
C) older than
D) older then
2. New York is _____ Paris.
B) dirtier than
C) the dirtiest
3. Prague is one of the _____ cities in Europe,
A) most beautiful
B) more beautiful
D) the most beautiful
4. How many children _____ they _____?
A) have / got
B) have / get
C) does / got
D) has / got
5. A country is quieter _____ a city.
6. The house is 50 meters _____ the sea.
7. He spends his time _____ the banks of the river.
A) in B) to C) about D) on
8. She came _____ the garage.
C) out of
9. He jumped _____ the lake.
10. He walked _____ the hill.
11. A country is _____ than a city.
D) more cheaper
12. A city is _____ than the country.
A) the most exciting
C) more exciting
13. Your class is _____ than my class.
D) more noisy
14. Life in a country is _____ in a city.
B) slower than
15. Brain’s car is _____ in our district.
C) the fastest
D) more fast
16. Paris is _____ Madrid.
A) big than
C) bigger than
17. Madrid is much _____.
D) the cheapest
18. Why did you leave London? You had a _____ job.
D) the best
19. London _____ got a lot of parks.
20. Our school ____ a library, but it doesn’t ____ any computers.
A) has / have
B) have / has
C) has / has
D) have / have
21. My parents _____ a new stereo.
C) have get
D) have got
22. Does your sister _____ a fiancé?
B) has got
D) has get
23. I don’t _____ a problem with this exercise.
B) to have
D) has got
24. Do you have _____ homework?
25. I’ve got _____ pencils than you.
26. The Plaza is the _____ hotel.
C) the cheapest
27. Claridge’s is the _____ hotel.
D) the oldest
28. The Plaza _____ a swimming pool.
A) have got
B) has got
C) does have
D) do has
29. I _____ for a walk in the country and ___ a farm.
A) went / see
B) go / saw
C) went / saw
D) look / saw
30. Yesterday was _____ than today.
A) most hottest B) more hot
C) hot D) much hotter
31. She’s _____ than her brother.
D) the tallest
32. She is smaller _____ her sister.
33. I’m the _____ in the class.
B) most youngest
34. Last week was _____ than this week
C) more busy
35. He _____ got any sisters.
36. Do you _____ any bread?
37. My homework is the _____ in class.
38. This exercise is _____ difficult in the book.
A) most B) more
C) the most D) the more
39. I’m the most _____.
D) the intelligent
40. Its university, founded ___ 1965, is one of the oldest in Europe
41. I’ve got a book _____ Mark Twain.
42. Help me _____ my homework.
43. These exercises are _____ in the exam.
A) the difficulties
B) the most difficult
C) the difficult
D) most difficult
44. His exam marks were _____ for several months.
A) the baddest
B) the bad
D) the worst
45. Have you _____ any rice?
C) have got
46. Bill _____ got any friends.
A) has no B) hasn’t
C) doesn’t D) not
47. Last week was _____ than this week.
B) more busy
D) the busiest
48. Hey! You are _____ employee in our firm.
D) the youngest
49. She is taller _____ her elder sister.
50. Yesterday it was ____ the day before yesterday.
A) colder the
B) colder than
C) colder them
51. Nancy’s car is ____than mine, but Ben’s car is ____ car.
A) the most expensive / more expensive
B) more expensive / the most expensive
C) expensiver / expensivest
D) most expensive / the more expensive
52. Your essay was _____ than Jim’s, but it was _____ than Mary’s.
A) better / worse
B) gooder / badder
C) better / worst
D) best / worse
53. New houses are _____ than old ones.
A) more modern and clean
B) modern and cleaner
C) more modern and cleaner
54. A: _____ she _____ a new job?
B: Yes, she does.
A) Has / got
B) Does / got
C) Does / *
D) Does / have
55. A: _____ they got any problems?
B: No, they _____ .
A) Have / haven’t
B) Do / have
C) Do / does
D) Does / has
56. Maya _____ got a camera. And she _____ have a car either.
A) haven’t / doesn’t
B) hasn’t / doesn’t
C) doesn’t / hasn’t
D) haven’t / don’t
57. She dived _____ the lake and went _____ the water quickly.
A) into / out of
B) in / out of
C) into / out
D) in / out
58. Who can run first _____ and _____ the hill?
A) up / on
B) upper / down
C) down / under
D) up / down
59. The chemist is 2 kilometers _____ the port.
60. Cairo is located _____ the banks _____ the Nile River.
A) of / on B) on / off
C) on / of D) in / of
61. Walk _____ this path and ____ the stream.
A) along / in
B) along / over
C) over / in
D) in / on
62. Go _____ the bus stop _____ is at the corner.
A) close / what
B) past / where
C) past / which
D) near / went
63. Drive me to the _____ , or I’ll be late _____ my plane.
A) port / of
B) airport / on
C) airport / for
D) port / of
64. Izmir is the sea _____ _____ hundreds of ships come to.
A) port / where
B) port / that
C) stop / which
D) port / when
65. Is there a car ____ _____ I can park my Porche?
A) center / where
B) park / where
C) station / where
D) bank / which
66. We went on picnic to the _____ of the Nile River _____ is very beautiful
A) banks / where
B) where / banks
C) banks / which
D) which / banks
ELEMENTARY Test: 10-KEY
1-C 2-B 3-A 4-A 5-C 6-D 7-D 8-C
9-A 10-D 11-B 12-C 13-C 14-B 15-C 16-C
17-B 18-A 19-A 20-A 21-D 22-C 23-C 24-C
25-B 26-B 27-B 28-B 29-C 30-D 31-C 32-C
33-A 34-A 35-C 36-B 37-A 38-C 39-A 40-B
41-A 42-C 43-B 44-D 45-B 46-B 47-C 48-D
49-A 50-B 51-B 52-A 53-C 54-D 55-A 56-B
57-A 58-D 59-B 60-C 61-B 62-C 63-C 64-A
F*ckin’ amazing issues here. I’m very happy to see your article. Thanks so much and i’m looking ahead to touch you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?
What’s up Dear, are you really visiting this website on a
regular basis, if so after that you will without doubt obtain nice