ACTIVE ENGLISH: BOOK 4 / PAGE 142- 141-140 PARAPHRASE / LINKERS
- Fruit is healthier than chocolate.
Chocolate is not ……..
- Alice in Wonderland is a 2010 fantasy adventure film. It was directed by Tim Burton.
Alice in Wonderland….
- Where do you live, Alice?
The White Rabbit asked…..
- Mary was sorry she had eaten so much.
- The Headmaster greeted the new student.
The new student…..
- Rio Carnival in Brazil is bigger than Notting Hill Carnival.
Notting Hill Carnival is not …….
- I prefer to go to the cinema this evening.
I’d rather ……
- They didn’t have much money. They didn’t go to Notting Hill Carnival.
If they …….
- “Why don’t we go to Notting Hill Carnival?”
- John repaired my computer.
- That woman’s son is my boyfriend.
- My computer is being repaired.
- I didn’t log on because I didn’t know you were online.
- The police managed to arrest the burglar.
The police ……
- People think that drinking is a dangerous drug.
- Yesterday they met a beautiful girl. Her father is a famous guitarist.
Yesterday they …
- He probably lost his wallet at the airport.
- You should work a little bit harder.
You had …
- “I hid the money last month”, my father told the Police.
My father told the Police …
- My friend said: “Let’s go sailing next weekend”.
My friend suggested …
- If I were you, I’d clean your room.
- They couldn’t visit attractions because they were very busy.
- People say that German children are very polite.
German children …
- The last time I took part in that activity was 2 days ago.
- Their children were too young for culture.
Their children were not ….
- Chocolate is not as healthy as fruit.
- Alice in Wonderland is a 2010 fantasy film which was directed by Tim Burton.
- The White Rabbit asked Alice where she lived.
- Mary wished she hadn’t eaten so much.
- The new student was greeted by the headmaster.
- Notting Hill Carnival is not as big as Rio Carnival in Brazil.
- I’d rather go to the cinema this evening.
- If they had had enough money, they would have gone to Notting Hill Carnival.
- Mary suggested going to Notting Hill Carnival.
- I had my computer repaired by John.
- That is the woman whose son is my boyfriend.
- I am having my computer repaired.
- If I had known you were online, I would have logged on.
- The police were able to arrest the burglar.
- Drinking is thought to be a dangerous drug.
- Yesterday they met a beautiful girl whose father is a famous guitarist.
- He might have lost his wallet at the airport.
- You had better work a little bit harder.
- My father told the police he had hidden the money last month.
- My friend suggested going sailing next weekend.
- You should clean your room
- If the attractions hadn’t been busy, they could have visited them.
- German children are said to be very polite.
- It’s been 2 days since I haven’t taken part in that activity.
- The children were not old enough for culture.